Collaborative Design Practice: Task 4 - Testing End Product

10.10.23 - 31.10.23 (Week 11 - Week 12)
Chai Yi Xuan / 0346645 / B' Creative Media
Collaborative Design Practice / Extension: Design Exploration & Practice
Task 4 / Testing End Product


INSTRUCTIONS




RESEARCH

We did most of our research at this point, so it was mainly execution of our design ideas. We only had to look up for more references if we feel the need for it.




PROCESS

Week 11

We agreed that our content is mostly satisfactory, just needing a few minor tweaks. Since we have the time to do more, we brainstorm some deliverable that would be relevant to our client's products. In the end, we settled for paper bags (to carry containers) and handkerchiefs/napkins (for hygiene purposes). I took up the role to design the handkerchiefs. I start out by looking for general designs of handkerchiefs.


Figure 1.1: Handkerchief design reference


After some browsing, I picked a few inspirations and made a draft sketches of the handkerchiefs before trying to digitise them in Illustrator.


Figure 1.2: Handkerchief draft #1


Figure 1.3: Handkerchief draft #2


I sent the second draft to my group and asked for their opinions and feedback. After that, I made a few changes accordingly.


Figure 1.4: Refined design of handkerchief


The other deliverable (paper bag) was also completed by Azka, and we only had to compile them all into our slides for submission in Week 12.




FEEDBACK

Week 11

Do discuss what other deliverables you would like to add for your clients, and make sure they are relevant to their product and brand.




NEXT COURSE OF ACTION

Week 11

  1. Figure out the deliverables
  2. Finish them by Week 12




SUBMISSION

Figure 2.1: Group 22 KitaKeto Task 4 Presentation




REFLECTIONS

Not a lot to say about this specific task, since it's more so of improving old designs and just adding small, workable deliverables for our clients. Though, I will say that designing handkerchiefs is harder than I thought.

This module as a whole was a new experience for me. As an Entertainment Design student, I felt out-of-depth, considering there was so much I had to know about brand image and consistency. It was a struggle sometimes to keep up with the particular guideline, but I think I did the best I could. There was the added challenge of being in an incomplete group (missing and inactive members) so frankly I was surprised that we managed to deliver everything on time and at an acceptable quality. My gratitude towards Azka and Brigita for taking up the brunt of the work

My takeaways from this module would be learning to deal with clients' demands, and building a brand image from the ground up. This experience has also made me value teamwork more than ever.



Comments

Popular Posts