Interactive Design: Project 2

07.06.22 - 19.06.22 (Week 11 - Week 13)
Chai Yi Xuan / 0346645 / B' Creative Media
Interactive Design
Project 2 / Microsite


INSTRUCTIONS


To-Do List:

Based on the prototype done in Project 1, create a functional microsite with only the landing page


Week 11

Based of my prototype, I coded the website in Visual Studio Code. I referred to all of my old works and Bootstrap to code it. I mostly copy-pasted the codes and tweaked it to my liking.


Week 12

My content is in the code— however, everything looks wonky and not up to my standards (and they were low) I did a lot of code-diving and made too many class tags to get what I want. Though during the process, I was afraid of making even more errors. So I created an entirely new HTML file to store my old codes just in case I need them again.


Figure 1.1: All of my unused code


Week 13

Once I finished coding, I upload them onto Netlify.


Figure 1.2: Published website (landing page)


Link to website: Microsite




REFLECTIONS

I underestimated how much work actually goes into coding a functional website that is responsive to screen size. When we were introduced to Bootstrap to use for our coding, I was intimidated by the amount of tags needed just to code one section of my landing page. Coupled with the need to customize its size and colour, I was in for a headache. I spent too much time trying to figure out how to get things work, and I suppose that's my weakness. At the very least, I got out of this assignment more familiar with Bootstrap.



Comments

Popular Posts