Interactive Design: Project 1

17.05.22 - 05.06.22 (Week 8 - Week 10)
Chai Yi Xuan / 0346645 / B' Creative Media
Interactive Design
Project 1 / Landing Page Design


INSTRUCTIONS


To-Do List:

Design a landing page for a microsite with a topic of your own choice.


Week 8

I chose to design a microsite for dog training/rehabilitation services. Then, I looked up on some web designs on Pinterest for inspiration.


Figure 1.1: Inspiration for website layout (1/3)


Figure 1.2: Inspiration for website layout (2/3)


Figure 1.3: Inspiration for website layout (3/3)


Week 9

I sketched out a few possible layout for my landing page. I realised I'm more attracted towards clean, simple designs— so most of my sketches are minimal in design.


Figure 1.4: Sketch #1



Figure 1.5: Sketch #2


Figure 1.6: Sketch #3

I wanted to try out a different style for sketch #3, but the complications of coding it and the advised given by Mr Shamsul, I scraped the idea. After a feedback session, I made some amendments to the sketch.


Figure 1.7: Final sketch


Week 10

I created my hi-fi through Adobe Illustrator.


Figure 1.8: Navigation and banner


Figure 1.9: Services section


Figure 1.10: About section


Figure 1.11: FAQ section


Figure 1.12: Experimenting with different colours


I experimented with multiple colour palettes to figure which I should use for my website. I eventually settled for the second colour palette since I wanted a warm welcoming feel for my website.

Once done, I compile them all in a slide and describe the call-to-action of each section and buttons.


Figure: PDF file of Project 1




FEEDBACK

Week 8

Go for design #2, though your sketches could be better.


Week 10

All the colour palettes are nice, you can choose whichever you feel is best suited for the style you're going for.




REFLECTIONS

It was a fun experience to design my website. Initially, I wanted to do an art portfolio for my website, but I wanted to challenge myself to design for a (imaginary) client. The process of sketching and designing the landing page was mainly a smooth process, and I only hope that it would be the same for the rest of the assignments.



Comments

Popular Posts