Intercultural Design Task 2: Field Study

24.01.22 - 04.02.22 (Week 4 - Week 5)
Chai Yi Xuan / 0346645 / B' Creative Media
Intercultural Design
Task 2 / Field Study


INSTRUCTIONS




To-Do List:

Collect data and information in relevant to the theme and research objectives showed in the proposal


We held a meeting to discuss about what we can collect or research to fulfill the objectives we pointed out in the proposal. Since we were still in a pandemic, we are constrained in our homes, and can only rely collecting data via online. After a long discussion, we settled for three main ways we can do to collect data: Observation, Questionnaires, and Interviews.

Once deciding on our data collection methods, we divided the work equally. I picked to contribute in the Observation section, specifically to observe Japanese cosplayers. I searched up on Enako and Reika, who are cosplayers by trade, and both have a huge following on social media.

Once I gathered the information, I put them in the Google Doc that the group has made for easier future references.


Figure 1.2: Google doc containing our research


Once we have enough information, we transferred the information into the slides and recorded ourselves presenting our data collection.


Figure 1.3: Data collection presentation slides




REFLECTIONS

This assignment gave me an opportunity to learn more about cosplayers. Even though I contributed to a small part of the data collection, I had the chance get a glimpse on how cosplayers got into cosplaying, and how cosplaying changes their lives. Other pieces of information collected by my group members also significantly add to my knowledge about cosplayers. After learning of their dedication towards their hobbies, it shifted my views about cosplayers in general and I have more respect for them.



Comments

Popular Posts