Character Design: Task 4 - Character Boards Compilation

14.11.22 - 05.12.22 (Week 12 - Week 15)
Chai Yi Xuan / 0346645 / B' Creative Media
Character Design / Entertainment Design
Task 4 / Character Boards Compilation


INSTRUCTIONS


To-Do List:

  • Create a presentation of 3 - 5 slides showcasing your process of creating your character


Week 14

Miss Anis requested a final presentation for the semester, so I compiled all the artwork I have done into Google Slides and presented them in class.


Final Presentation Week 14


Week 15

For Task 4, it was required to create a presentation only consisting of 3 - 5 slides to showcase my character development process. It was a struggle to fit all the work I have done, and it made me think about which artwork would showcase my thought process and development. In the end, I ended up with a very compact presentation, but I felt that it showed what it needed to show.


PDF file for Task 4 - Character Boards Compilation




FEEDBACK

Week 14

Creative thinking with implementing timeline as justification for different designs. It's interesting to see that stories are being implemented into the designs right from the start, and it shows design consideration. ("Makes me want to watch My Hero Academia" lol)




REFLECTIONS

Character design is a module that I was looking forward the most in this semester. I expected the basic stuff like designing appearances and backstory, but there was so much more to consider— like silhouettes, costumes and props. Throughout creating my character for the semester, the feedback and pointers I got from Miss Anis and my friends have helped me in understanding the process of character design. I was really proud of the final product of my developed character, and this module has given me that chance to learn the creative process and justification of each design.



Comments

Popular Posts